Benefits to Builders
Benefits to Builders
FrameUpNow Cold Formed Steel (CFS) is a lightweight and high-quality material that weighs less than wood and has many other advantages as a framing material.
Steel has the upper hand over wood when it comes to durability. Steel doesn’t warp or expand, and it can withstand extreme earthquakes and hurricanes because it’s flexible and can bend without cracking.
The lifespan for steel framing is estimated to be hundreds of years or more.
Steel’s inflammability limits the spread of fires, wooden frames simply can’t compete and insurance rates are often lower.
Steel is highly resistant to mold and it copes better with water damage than wood does. Galvanized steel or zinc coating treatments also increase rust resistance.
in most cased no heavy equipment is necessary when building steel framing. FrameUpNow CFS steel components can be quickly made then transported to the site for expedited assembly...
FrameUpNow homes are accurate within 1/32 of an inch per panel with preassigned nesting dimples and screw holes for assembly. Pre-punched holes for running piping and electrical wiring, minimize preparation work or additional labor. And the walls are straight allowing for fast and accurate dry wall installation. And there is no waste. Read more
Steel framed homes provide homeowners with customization cladding options such as brick siding, wood, stucco, and vinyl. And versions of your plans for room additions or modifications can be prepared for production and stored in the FrameUpNow Digital Plan Library, ready for immediate production at a call to action. Read more
The FrameUpNow parts and panels are environmentally friendly. Absolutely no waste at the building site. Wood framing can produce waste in excess of 25%.
Daily clean up during framing is made easy because there is no waste resulting from the FrameUpNow process.
Less overall construction time, thus less variable site and administrative cost.
Engineered FrameUpNow homes are best insulated with modern insulation materials such as BASF Open Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam.
Wood vs Steel Framing?
Our housing industry has framers and subcontractors (drywall, plumbing, electrical, et al) who are skilled in working with wood.
Instead of hammers and nails, steel construction means working with screws and torque regulated screw guns. And instead of installing utilities by drilling through wood, FrameUpNow panels are pre punched to accommodate electric and plumbing.
For home construction to take advantage of metal framing it is a simple matter of the housing trades developing the skills and tools to work with steel and the simplicity and accuracy of construction provided by the FrameUpNow solution. Read more
Steel Framing and the Production Builder
- From Start to finish, the Framing process is much shorter. The compression of time and the acceleration of outcomes is the key to production home profitability.
- Trade labor is more available and individual framers will use a torque regulated screw gun to assemble panels and trusses. One supervisor and a few assembly individuals are all that is necessary.
- OSB or Plywood is added to the frame exterior and roof trusses by the framing crew.
- Traditional framing methods are used to produce the patio porch.
- Framed panels and truss components are light and easy to handle. In most cases, a crane or lifting device is not required.
- Reduced warranty issues due to stability. Steel frames are straight and even, and the material doesn’t warp, split or shrink.
- Drywall attachment requires no correction for the twists that occur with wood.
- Doors fit perfectly when installed and maintain tolerances forever.
- Builder call backs due to interior walls cracking and splitting is virtually eliminated. Metal is stable and wood is not stable.
- Low long-term maintenance costs due to metals resistance to termites and mold.
- Lower insurance costs. Insurance underwriters set significantly higher premiums for wood-framed construction than noncombustible framing materials like cold-formed steel. Cold-formed steel is noncombustible: Steel framing does not contribute to the spread or intensity of a fire.
FrameUpNow steel framed homes are fabricated in a fraction of the time required for wood framing. A FrameUpNow steel framed home is strong, straight, and precise, won’t twist or warp over time and won’t catch fire. Steel is termite proof.
FrameUpNow Builder’s Digital Plan Library
Our design engineers are experienced with DWG/Revit and conversion of your unique plans to FrameCAD Structure and FrameCAD Detailer. Key individuals in our talent pool led the AutoCAD design team of a Bay Area group that supported 60 subdivisions and 2900 framers during the early 2000’s. We know the requirements for perfection in planning so that a home goes up perfectly every time.
- Model Name and sq ft
- Model Variation such as great room expansion, extra bedroom or additional bathroom